If you are anything like us here at O’Brien Insurance, you were happy to see the winter come and cover us with a festive and pretty white blanket of snow, but are ready for the record-breaking low temperatures and 10-foot snowbanks to commence with their farewells!
Though it’s hard to believe with the bone-chilling gusts and the abundant amount of snow we still seem to be getting, that we are at the threshold of spring, but it is just right around the corner! With the eventual arrival of warmer temperatures in the Adirondacks and upstate New York, spring flooding in Glens Falls NY, Saratoga Springs, and all over the area is inevitable.
Now is the time to buy flood insurance! Don’t wait until your basement is flooded or the bottom of your furniture is ruined; by then it will be too late for coverage. Flood insurance takes 30 days to kick in; meaning if you buy it today, it won’t kick in for another month…right when you may need it! So protect your assets by purchasing flood insurance from O’Brien Insurance in Glens Falls NY today.
Many people incorrectly believe that flooding always involves rushing water. Contrary to this belief, flooding can result from a large amount of melting snow, causing ground saturation ad the overflow of rivers, lakes, ponds, and creeks, even if you can’t see it occurring!
A few things you may not have known about flooding:
- Your homeowner’s policy does NOT cover flooding!
- Everybody lives in a flood zone…you don’t have to live by water (inadequate draining from overload and water main breakage can cause flooding as well).
- It doesn’t matter what the Flood Risk is where you live; everyone can, and should, purchase flood insurance.
- You can purchase flood insurance if you are a renter.
- Flood insurance is much more affordable than you think (just call O’Brien Insurance about flood insurance rates in Queensbury NY and surrounding areas).
- Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster and even then, you won’t be fully compensated.
- It takes 30 days after you pay the premium for flood insurance to take affect…so don’t hesitate – call today!
- According to the National Flood Insurance Program, the average cost for homeowner flood loss between 2007 and 2011 was $30,000.
While we welcome the arrival of spring in the Adirondacks of upstate NY, O’Brien Insurance is here to speak with you today about the benefits of a flood insurance policy, so give us a call or request your free quote online!