There is nothing better than spring and summer in the Adirondacks! Warmer temperatures mean it’s time to break out the motorcycles and boats, and prepare the pools! And while these things bring us great summer fun, it is important to make sure you have the proper insurance should an accident occur.
Homeowner’s insurance in Glens Falls, Queensbury, and Lake George, is absolutely necessary if you own a pool. If you are the lucky owner of a pool, chances are, you become everyone’s best friend when it gets hot outside. And while having a pool is a fun luxury, responsibility for the safety of those using it is legally yours! Therefore, homeowner’s insurance with O’Brien Insurance is extremely important to protect yourself against lawsuits that may occur from a broken ankle due to a slippery deck, to an accidental drowning if a neighborhood child sneaks into your pool unattended.
It is too late once an accident occurs to think about insurance, so call today and get yourself covered! If you are sued, or think you may be sued, homeowner’s insurance with O’Brien, a Trusted Choice® agent, can protect you. Nobody anticipates an accident, and at O’Brien Insurance, we want to make sure that everyone using your pool stays safe.
Here are some pool safety tips that can help you stay safe and avoid a legal hassle:
- Never leave a child unattended in the pool area.
- Fence your pool area in and make sure the fence and gate remain locked while not being used and are higher than a child’s reach.
- Keep lifesaving equipment next to the pool, including: life preservers, a rescue hook, and safety rings.
- Keep pool chemicals stored away from the pool and locked up.
- Keep swimming toys out of the pool and secured when not being used to prevent children from trying to reach them.
- Don’t keep anything near the pool that could help children climb into it.
- Use a pool safety cover when the pool is not being used.
- Put nonskid surfaces on diving boards or any other slippery spots around the pool.
- Be prepared for emergencies by learning CPR and insisting that anyone supervising the pool area learn it as well.
- Consider installing pool or gate alarms to warn you when anyone goes near the water.
Regular maintenance of your pool keeps your water clean, your equipment working properly, and can save you from having to spend on costly repairs.
Here are 5 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Pool:
- Inspect your liner often for rip and tears. Catching leaks early on can keep them from becoming a huge problem and prevent you from having to get a new liner, which can cost thousands! You can extend the life of your liner by promptly patching minor tears.
- Check metal supports on above ground pools for rust and corrosion that can lead to ruptures.
- The proper use of chemicals is extremely important to avoid health problems from too much chlorine and the spread of algae from too little. Contact a local pool supply company for advice on the right chemical mix for your pool.
- Take steps to properly winterize your pool. Be sure to lower the water level in the cold months and to cover it with a cover that doesn’t collect water.
- Check pool equipment routinely, including ladders, nails, rails, filters, etc. to ensure they are in proper working order and don’t pose a risk for injury.
Your hometown insurance company, O’Brien Insurance, of Glens Falls NY, cares about you and your family! Over 1,800 customers trust us for all of their insurance needs in the Adirondack and Capital Region. Give us a call today at 518-793-5173, email us, or request a quote online. Ask us about our other policies as well!