Most homeowners assume that equipment such as air conditioners, hot water, or electrical systems are covered in the homeowners policy. You may be surprised to learn that usually, this is not the case. We depend on our home systems and equipment to provide our family with comfort, convenience, and security. So when these systems fail, it can be a huge headache that could end up costing you thousands of dollars.
Adding equipment breakdown to your current homeowners policy provides you peace of mind and solid coverage for when the unexpected happens.
Examples of covered home systems and equipment may include:
- Central air conditioning
- Boilers, furnaces and heat pumps
- Conventional and solar water heaters
- Radiant floor heating
- Renewable heating (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.)
- Water purification and filtration
- Well pumps, installed sump pumps
- Pool and spa pumps, heating and filtration
- Electrical service panels
- Permanent emergency generators
- Home security monitoring and control devices
- Chair lifts and elevators
Examples of covered personal property may include:
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
- Home entertainment equipment
- Computers, peripherals, and wireless devices
- Power tools and shop equipment
- Lawn and garden equipment
- Mobile medical equipment
- Portable generators and sump pumps
An example of an equipment breakdown expense is a faulty circuit breaker causing electrical damage to wiring, switches, outlets, and appliances. If you then had the wiring, control devices, and appliances removed and replaced this could cost you $11,000. Make sure you’re covered!
Interested in adding equipment breakdown to your current homeowners policy? Contact us today to get the ball rolling!